Fire and Water


The Elements work together and they are bound to each other, forever. 

The two girls, representing fire and water, show everlasting friendship no matter their differences. This colour pencil and black gel pen drawing is based on my relationship with one of my best friends. 

She, being a national level swimmer, is a lover of water. She is extremely fit and active and always has unsurmountable energy. She's almost like water - easygoing, powerful and someone really goes with the flow of things (yes, pun intended). I, on the other hand, lean towards being a couch potato, am extremely ambitious and am known for my fiery like hair. 

Despite our physical and personality differences, we have been the best of friends since sixth grade. It's going to be five years now, and I'm looking forward to counting for the years to come. 

One of the things my mother said about her was that she gave me "balance". That's what fire and water really do. They balance each other out to make sure the world remains in complete harmony. 



Comments

Popular Posts