Introduction

This blog is a predecessor of my first successful blog - It Just... Happened. As I wrote for almost one and a half years, I watched my posts branch out into three themes - the beauty of art, art as a means of advocacy and spreading meaning and my writing, including stories and poetry.

Rather than cluttering all of my work on one blog, I decided to split up the blog into its three themes. This blog is called 'A Legacy'. A teacher once asked me why I paint and draw (other than the fact that I enjoy the hobby) and what I realized was from that day, was that I don't make art for me to store in a cupboard. I make them to uphold a legacy and make history.

But the question remains, how do you create a legacy? By replicating the dew on rosy red petals on a canvas? With the right skill, anyone could do that. Not to mention, the flower already exists in nature, its creator being God. So what would be your contribution?

 Creating a legacy means speaking words that are not spoken, taking action when no one else is taking action and doing something good for society. It is essentially the point of intersection of 'Doing what you are good at', 'Doing what you love' and 'Doing what's right for the world' on the Japanese representation of the Ikigai.

Therefore, with that note, I give you 'A Legacy' - a series of artworks that MEAN something in the world besides its technical aspects. 

Comments

Popular Posts