The Fire of Notre Dame


The Fire of Notre Dame in April 2019 shook me. My family and I visited Paris twice, and both times, we made it a point to visit the Cathedral. When we heard about the fire first, we were pretty shaken. Something that we had seen may cease to exist. 

It's a feeling similar when you know that a person who you have met a couple of times has passed on. Although you are not emotionally broken by it, your heart does feel a bit of weight as you realise that you will never see this person again. 

I had a similar feeling when I heard the news. The Notre Dame was almost like a distantly familiar person who I had had good times with in the past, and with whom I would no longer have the opportunity to enjoy myself with. 

This drawing, made in colour pencils and a black ball point pen, depicts, as one French citizen said 'Notre Dame' as well as the famous Rose Window from the exterior of the Cathedral. It is an ode to a place that had become very close to my family and I. 

This drawing is accompanied with a poem which you can read at :- https://transciencespurofthemoment2.blogspot.com 

I'm glad that the Notre Dame has not been affected much and was thrilled by the announcement for the plans of its recovery.  







Comments

Popular Posts