Watermelon Sugar High


"Tastes like strawberries on a summer evenin'
And it sounds just like a song
I want more berries and that summer feelin'
It's so wonderful and warm"

This drawing marks another phase of music which I now listen to. Weirdly, it's a mixture of the solo albums of the former One Direction members. Although I have never appreciated their songs as a boyband, their music which I now listen to encompasses all the feelings of life which you ought to find in music every day.

Fine Line is a mixture of some bittersweet feelings, some hopeful ones yearning for a day of love and peace, some longing for freedom. Flicker, This Town and Put a Little Love on me evoke nostalgia that makes your heart want to melt. Nice to Meet Ya is powerful, mysterious and dramatic. Too Young and Always you reach out for a little of forgiveness, a little bit of longing. Together, they make a beautiful album in my library on Spotify.

This stream of music that has become a large part of my life, especially on the walks with my dog, in breaks between studying and during the nights when I can't sleep all began with Watermelon Sugar with its powerful and rich lyrics. This drawings is dedicated to its delicious, musical and emotive lyrics 

Comments

Popular Posts