"At Least We'll Have Tattoos Together"


Unless you're as deep in it as me and my best friend, you probably won't understand what this is.

This digital drawing is a collection of pictures that link to something that connects both of us together. It is not the reason we are friends, but it's something that we have developed in common recently. 

I made this for her 17th birthday as a sort of puzzle. Every drawing on this work links back to that something in common, except for one single thing - the tiny arrow to the right of the butterfly. I like to think of it as a symbol of our friendship. The symbol is a blend of the Sagittarius and Capricorn zodiac signs, our signs, and it is also a mix of the first letters of our names - the 'N' of Capricorn and the 'M' of the bow. 

I designed this almost like a tattoo for a black aesthetic appeal. I'm not saying I want a permanent tattoo (dear parents, again, I do NOT want a tattoo). However, this fits into my idea of what I want to achieve with the symbol. In almost a year and a half, the two of us might part after seven years of friendship with no guarantee if we will ever meet again. This symbol goes to say "At Least We'll Have Tattoos Together" and we'll have something to remind us of this friendship, one of the things I don't know how I will live without. 

Dear best friend, sorry. I still need to actually give this to you as a printed version.



Comments

Popular Posts