All I Ask



My Dear, 

My One and Only, 

My Irreplaceable - 

with bittersweet memories 

my thumbs scroll upon those texts

when you first rejected me. 


No one thought you would. 

My ambitions soared higher, 

My hopes floated, 

my predictions were grounded, 

but only under a dark blanket or negativity - 

it clouded me. 

Thus did the clovers on the branches

shiver and shake

and fall to the ground. 


A cold blow 

devoid of liquid gold. 

My mother whispered soothing sentences - 

something about how I would one day find my true One. 


Time healed the scars and memories, 

and birds fluttered through my soul and body - 

An owl through my nerves,

a dove through my blood.

Peace and positivity,

pointy beaks and sharp swift wings,

skinned me alive,

until all was left new layers

and I asked myself,

What had gotten into me?


When I faced you the next time - 

Stronger. 

When I sat and talked to you - 

Patient, Trusting. 

When I got up and left - 

I said Thank You. 


My prediction was low, 

my hopes were but timid. 

My mother’s was cautious, 

prepared to catch me, 

her hands, buckets for my tears. 


The owl’s sharp gaze commanded me to hold it together, 

the dove whispered to me it would be alright, 

somewhere in between I accepted myself, 

dismissing the ugly peacock’s pride. 

Sleep, your worries will fade.

Blood seeped through the pores of my body. 


A flash of light in the darkness, 

and my eyes peeped open. 

Cautiously, trembling, 

you had accepted me,

told me you loved me. 

Oh, 

A second chance - 

It was all I could ask for. 

Comments

Popular Posts